Thursday 14 April 2011

Weddings. Another hurdle.

A very dear couple who are friends of ours were married over the weekend. The event was whimsical & magical in every essence of the words and we could have not been happier for them.  However, this was A's and my first meeting since quitting. We are each others triggers. We've spent many hundreds of hours smoking and chatting, it was our thing, our niche and something we had to overcome - together. 

As we drank and partied, we were having a really fun night! We didn't smoke at the reception and we supported each other if a craving kicked in or we watched others smoke in a complete daze. Then I had that one drink too many and turned into a bad influence. You know those kids your Mum never wants you to hang around as a teenager. I recall saying to A, "hey, no one will know, just you and me. We'll go somewhere private and get it out the way'. A complied - of course she did, we were four sheets to the wind and I was peer pressuring her.  I stole two cigarettes from a friend and put them in my bra because; did you know that your bra is the best hiding spot??! Then the most amazing thing happened…we forgot about it. We forgot about smoking. Trust me, today isn't the same but passing out was the best thing that happened to us. 

As I took my bra off the next day, out fell the cigarettes. I've never been so proud of us. 

A, what was your take?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment