Friday 1 April 2011

Smokin' boyfriends

I remember fucking a couple of guys just because they smoked.  If they rolled their own, watch out - i was like a sexual predator.


There was something so appealing about sharing the connection of smelling and tasting the same.
When smoking was banned from bars a few years back, it started a whole new way of meeting men. You'd both be outside, ask for a light and there you go, instant conversation starter, 'these laws suck', i'd say.  In hindsight, most of those liasons damaged my self esteem...but that's a whole other post!


I've tried dating a non-smoker once, it was exhausting. I would make sure I was fully charged with nicotine so when I slept over I didn't need to smoke, made sure I had perfume & gum on me - the works.  I remember once he suggested we share a cigar.  I didn't know then that you are not suppose to draw them back..and yep, I did and WOW it was like 10 cigarettes at once, he couldn't tear it away from me! Anyway, it didn't work out but we all knew that would happen. My reaction when he dumped me - he didn't smoke anyway, now i'm free to do so whenever i like!


However, I had a pretty big relationship once with a smoker and when I found out recently that he had quit smoking and was successful., it hurt more than if I saw him dating a model.  It wasn't because smoking was a connection but because he quit before me! Our relationship was always immature.

1 comment:

  1. Yet another reason for us to quit... sexy single smokers are dying out. Like good grammar, and well fitted pants.

    ReplyDelete